Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I'm a Superhero.

The reader of this post should take into consideration the writer’s state of alertness at which this entry was composed. “This dude is crazy!” is a fair assessment of what you’re about to read, but bear in mind that I began writing this a mere 5 minutes after the event transpired. That magical hour when the universe is still expanding, everything seems relevant and gravity has yet to make it apparent how full your bladder really is…

This morning I laid there in my bed with eyes shut on the cusp of awake and asleep when I suddenly saw the image of my clock showing 8:59a. I hadn’t looked at the clock. I hadn’t even seen the clock since I set my 9:00a alarm the night prior. Eye’s closed, I somehow and in someway knew and could see it was 8:59a. As I smiled and began to dismiss the idea as crazy or absurd so I could allow myself to sink back into sleep, my alarm sounded. What?!

“I’m a superhero.” was obviously among my first thoughts. But can our body clocks be THAT precise? And if my mind can accurately track the tedious tempo of the temporal world’s turning, what can’t it do!? I’ve woken up AROUND my desired wake time before, and I’ve heard people express their frustration for waking up 5 or 10 minutes before their alarm, but, to the best of my knowledge, never has it been with such a clear awareness of the exact time! “I’m the Time Master… mind…guy...”

Then began the (downward?) spiral of the next couple of paragraphs. Buckle up.

Why did I wake? “Was it God?” (telling) And why a minute before my alarm? Was I to learn the power of my mind this morning? Or perhaps the power of God? (giving irony to the phrase “wake up call”) For some reason, I awoke not at 9:00a but at 8:59a. Sure, if it had occurred at 9:00a as planned the night previous it would have been a more accurate and impressive display for my body to accomplish it with such exactness, but I would have dismissed it all with the sound of my alarm. But no. It woke me at 8:59a. Something OR… someOne... (capitalization intended) wanted my recognition of it. “My untapped inner superhero. Waker-upper-er”

Perhaps I was simply aware of the energy in my room? Now, I know it’s crazy but could I somehow see it without SEEING it with my eyes? Perhaps my third eye? “It’s a bird. It’s a plane. No! It’s Third eye… Needs work.” Or was my mental clock simply manifesting in a representation or image of what 8:59a would look like in my physical world?

Was it BECAUSE I set my alarm that my brain knew to keep track of 9:00a specifically? If I hadn’t set the alarm or made a mental note of when I wanted to wake, would I still have woken at 8:59a? Was it all just a coincidence? Even still, I was keenly aware of the correct time with no stimuli but my own mind.


If you’ve ever felt like a crazy, as I do re-reading this post, know that you’re not alone. A word of caution to this tale, however, your friends may question your sanity if you talk about these kinds of things openly. So, consider sharing it digitally and in writing as to remove all doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment