Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Let me tell you why it’s great to be single...

1. Cheap dates

But… I AM the kind that asks for overpriced popcorn and candy at the movies… but I just smile and say “okay” because, ya know, I’m worth it.

2. No date gas

And when there is, its okay because I’ve already broken down that wall a while ago. I’m so comfortable with myself, in fact, that I can even laugh with myself when it’s a really bad one.

3. Cheaper cost of living

Water bills and electricity are half, excepting the fact that I fall asleep with the lights on and the TV blaring. But, somehow, I manage to love me anyway.

4. No arguments

I’ve just decided that it makes me happier if I just do all the dishes and take out the trash. It’s just not worth my unhappiness to argue about it.

5. Trust

I know where I’m at and who I’m with at all times. And I never worry about infidelity because I have 100% trust in where my true loyalties lie.

6. Open relationship

I’m allowed to do what I want, when I want and I’m totally cool with it. I tell myself EVERYTHING and I handle anything negative constructively and use it to ultimately make me stronger.

7. Years of History

I know myself so well that I know what I’m going to do before I even do it, I can finish my sentences and it just feels like I've known myself forever! Ya know?

8. Minimal Baggage

I know all the baggage I have and, ya know, it’s baggage I think I can handle.

9. Clear delineation of responsibilities and expectations

I’ve agreed with myself that it’s best if I’m the breadwinner and that I’m the nurturer. I always was a good listener and homemaker anyway.

10. I like ALL the same things as myself

I have SO much in common with me. I never argue about what to watch on TV or what movie to see, as a matter of fact I look forward to watching and doing whatever I want.

AND

11. I wear the pants

Nuff said. ::sniff:: (thumb-nose brush)

No comments:

Post a Comment